Saturday, January 5, 2013

Workout taking shape - but am I? Goal review

I think my workout schedule is coming together.

Looks like the best way to do this is to vary over three days and then take a day off. So, I'm going heavy, moderate, heavy on the kettlebells. Then, I take a day off. Then back on the schedule again.

I was able to increase reps and weight on the third day. This probably means that I was under 80% on the first heavy day (I am going for three to five reps at 80% of my max on the clean and press and the dead lift. On the swings, I am going trying to do enough reps to equal the kg of the KB. This is an intriguing idea a friend of mine mentioned. At once, it increases your weight and your endurance at a given weight. So, you are adding a greater workload as you get stronger.

On light days, I do as many snatches as I can and as many swings as I can with a lighter KB, around 16kg for now. After a month or so, I'll increase that to a 20 kg KB.

Also, on the light days, I'm doing sit ups and on the heavy days I'm doing pushups - I may think about reversing that. As I get stronger, I will incorporate more exercises as well as free weight exercises.

I do active stretching (moving while stretching) each day.

So, my goals are as follows:

1. Lose appx.  75 lbs.
2. Get my waist down to at least a 34.
3. strengthen my arms and upper body so that I can do 25 pullups
4. be able to run a 10K at 6 minute miles or less
5. be able to bike 26 miles at appx. 18 to 20 mph
6. be able to swim 10 hundred intervals on 1min 10 sec doing freestyle
7. be able to hike 20 to 30 miles with a moderately heavy pack on the AT in three days
8. Canoe and kyack whitewater
9. Shoot a 120lb long bow for an entire FITA round and/or Field/hunter round
10. Get rid of my c-pap
11. Get off blood sugar, blood pressure and other medications
12. live a healthy lifestyle

I would like to accomplish these things over the next 12 to 24 months.

I will break each down in future blogs - all goals should be measurable and specific.

Next time, I will talk more about the diet that we are following - for now, just so you know, we are following the Sonoma diet. See http://www.sonomadiet.com/public/index.aspx for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment