Sunday, January 6, 2013

Executing a Plan to achieve fitness goals


I joined the forum, Beginner Triathlete today. They have tremendous resources for training and nutrition. I set up a six month program to get ready to do an Olympic distance triathlon (1500 meter swim, 26 mile bike, 6.2 mile run). Its a lot of fun - they call it From Couch to Olympic [Triathlon]. So, I began with walking today. They laid out a plan to go from walking to running. Also, I will be working in the bike, soon. The swim will have to wait a little, but the kettlebells will strengthen the same muscles and add endurance as well.

They also offer a free training log, so I just copied it and put it here. There is also an area to keep track of your physical development.

As you can tell, I'm excited about these new tools to help reach my goals.


35m ----------
7:00 PM

First day of my couch to olympic tri workout - did 35 minutes of walking, on hilly ground, and then 25 minutes of strength/anarobic training with KB


Today was a lighter strength day - more for endurance and core strength
ExerciseSetsMin repsMax repsMin Wt. (lb)Max Wt. (lb)
CORE Kettlebell Swings218303644
CORE Kettlebell snatches320293636

1 comment: