Saturday, January 5, 2013

Great Workout

Today was a hard day - heavy weights with lower reps, except the swings

Started out with three sets of swings with the 24kg KB. Did 25, 26, 25 for 76 swings - great work load.

Then, I moved onto the clean and jerk. I was able to increase my reps. 5, 6, 5 reps with two 20kg KBs, again, increasing my work load and reps.

Then, I did dead lifts. I moved up to 24kg KB since I did 3 sets of 10 last time with the 20kg bells. I still did a lot of reps, 10, 11, 10 with the heavier bells.

I warmed down with 16 more reps with the 24 kg KB.

I closed out with sit ups and active stretching.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow. If you are following along, the best thing I can tell you is make sure you are doing the techniques right. I find that if my posture is good, my back is strong, and I use my hips, I can drive the kettlebell and I don't feel the stress on my lower back. I still have work to do on the clean and jerk, but the swings feel solid and so do the lifts. It's all about keeping a strong, tall core.

All the best,
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment