Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Indoor workout - incorporates jump rope and kettlebells




20m ----------

Did 20 minutes of interval training on jump rope


The Kettlebell swings work all of the big core muscles. Plus the swing are a great cardio workout as well. The snatches work the same muscle group as freestyle swimming, so that will benefit me when I get in the water.
ExerciseSetsMin repsMax repsMin Wt. (lb)Max Wt. (lb)
CORE Kettlebell Swings416204444
CORE Kettlebell snatches410103535


Sports
Yoga40m

Sport comments: Worked through about 10 positions - for 40 minutes - excellent stretching, breathing and strengthening exercise
I had to work out today late and inside. I couldn't go out because it was too cold. So, I jumped rope for 20 minutes - doing interval cardio training. Then, I did the kettlebells for cardio and strength. The snatch is a exercise that works the exact same muscle groups as swimming and should really strengthen me. Finally, I ended with Yoga - doing a series of positions and focusing on breathing. I also noticed that I could jump rope better when I focused on standing tall and breathing.
All in all, a good, solid workout today.

No comments:

Post a Comment