Thursday, January 3, 2013

Good workout - but bad diet

Yesterday I had a great workout. I'm going heavy and the medium with the weights. On the medium days, I'm trying for more reps to build cardio and endurance, as well as flexibility.

So, last night I did the workout I posted before, plus a lot of stretching.

I ate well two meals yesterday, but fell apart because of dinner. We worked late at the office, and gave into the fast food urge on the way home. Now, in my defense, we got the top of the food chain concerning fast food - we got pizza. And then we were bad, we got wings, too. We also had a little dark chocolate candy that we were give at Christmas - hey, you can't throw out a Christmas present!

Anyway, in spite of the rationalizations and the bad meal - lots of fat and sodium - I still managed to lose another pound yesterday, which I can only attribute to the work out and the fact that I didn't snack before bed (one of my biggest downfalls).

I've been trying to get eight hours sleep, but last night I stayed up to late watching television shows. Another bad habit. I am trying to cut back on television and read more, work out and not stay up too late. All of these things will help me on my quest for better health.

Right now, I take medication for blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesteral, and to stop retaining water. My goal is to get rid of all of it. I also have sleep apnea. But, I hope that if I lose enough weight and get in shape, I can get rid of that machine, too ( I have a c-pap). It is a life saver, no doubt, but I don't want to be married to it forever.

Anyway. I'm on my way and, in spite of everything, am now down to 261.5. Progress is its own reward.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment